David's photography explores the relationship between urban communities and the built environment. View a series below or visit David's flickr or instagram accounts for a wide assortment of daily shots. Occasional updates are also available on his blog, twitter account and email newsletter.
In addition to his photographic work, David is filming a feature-length documentary about a Chicago community being displaced by a rail yard expansion.
Over the course of 2012 he produced a photographic portrait of 100 of the hundreds of buildings threatened with demolition in Chicago. The project was supported by the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation and published by Gapers Block.
View his photographic curriculum vitae [PDF]
- Isolated Building Studies book, published by Utakatado
- Continuing - Isolated Building Studies, Belfast Photo Festival (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- September 16, 2017- Chicago Architecture Biennial, Chicago Cultural Center (Chicago, IL)
- September 16, 2107 - Solo Exhibition, Centre Régional de la Photographie Nord Pas-de-Calais (Douchy-les-Mines, France)
- July 2, 2016 - UTAKATDO Fair 2016, Tanto Tempo Gallery (Kobe, Japan)
- June 18, 2016 - Future Tense, 516 ARTS (Albuquerque, NM)
- April 16, 2016 - Telescope Houses of Buffalo, The Fargo House (Buffalo, NY)
- February 10, 2016 - Affordable Housing in New York, Hunter East Harlem (New York, NY)